Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Wildfires

Wildfires. As I watch the news reports coming out of California about the wildfires, I think of our current customers that live and work in that area. I think about how their lives are now completely focused on the potential dangers at hand. I have heard that multiple major highways in the area have been shutdown making it difficult and slow to get from one place to another. I think about how some have had to evacuate their homes, with all their possessions left behind, to seek safety in a different location. How they do not know if they will come back to their homes in the same condition they left them?

I’ve never had to experience something like that and I pray that I never will. But that doesn’t change my concern for them and their safety. Not only for their safety (people I hardly know that well other than work) but also the safety of their families. Being completely on the other side of the country leaves me in a position of not being able to help. The most I can do is pray for their safety and the safety of their families and their belongings. All belongings can be replaced, but lives can’t.

What if our concern for the eternal safety of our friends and family matched up with our concern for their temporary safety?  Would we live our lives with more purpose of spreading the Gospel and it’s eternal saving power if we knew the threat was as eminent?  I’m not only posting this for you, but for myself as well. Am I doing what I need to do to bring Christ to others before it’s eternally too late?

The Bible gives us a detailed description of what Hell is like and it’s not a party like some think it’s going to be. “The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” - Matthew 13:41-42.

“"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.’” - Matthew 25:41.

Eternity in a literal place called “Hell” is real and people who reject Christ will spend it there. What are we doing to spread the message of the saving grace of God to keep as many from going there as we can?  If you are like me, the answer is “Not enough!”

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment