Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Potholes

Potholes. On my way to work this morning, as I was going around a turn, I got a little too close to the shoulder of the road and I hit a pothole with my tire. I hit it hard. Hard enough to think that I may have popped the tire. I pulled over a little further down the road just to make sure I didn’t hear any air leaking from the tire. No issues with the tire going flat but it did drive a little funny after that.

But isn’t that a lot like life thought, we are cruising right along with no issues and then out of nowhere we hit a pothole. Maybe it’s a financial pothole, or a health pothole or maybe even a relationship pothole. And all of a sudden things no longer feel right. We aren’t on the side of the road broken down, but things are no longer running like they once did.

There will be potholes throughout our entire lives. Things that catch us by surprise. Some potholes may be bigger than others and some potholes may do more damage than others. But life goes on. We make the necessary repairs and continue down the road. As Christians, we’ve never been promised a smooth road, in fact, just the opposite is true. “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33.

Potholes will come, there’s no doubt about it. Make the repairs and keep on your journey to becoming more and more like Christ.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment