Saturday, October 5, 2019

Turn Around

Turn around. I was on my way to a yearly event tonight by myself as my family stayed at home. As I was making my way to the event, the Holy Spirit spoke to me to turn around and go back home and spend the evening with my family. I’m going to be doing some traveling soon and will be away from them during that time, I didn’t need to be away from them tonight. I tried to argue with the Holy Spirit that I only do this event once a year, but He wasn’t having it. So I turned around and came back home. I’m glad I did. We had dinner and then a family movie.

God wants us to “turn around” too; it’s called repentance. To repent means to realize the path you are traveling down is the wrong path, so you turn around and head back towards the direction you left. The wrong path is the path that leads away from God, so to turn around, or repent, means to turn back towards the direction of God. It’s not a ninety degree turn, it’s a one hundred and eighty degree turn.

“Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” - Luke 15:7.

“Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, and that he may send the Christ appointed for you, Jesus.” - Acts 3:19-20.

“For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.” - 2 Corinthians 7:10.

I am glad that I turned back tonight and came home to my family. But more importantly, I’m glad I turned back one day about seventeen years ago and came home to my Heavenly Father. He greeted me with open arms, just like the father of the prodigal son, and said, “Welcome home my child, I’ve been waiting for you!”

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment