Sunday, October 6, 2019

Balance

Balance. Have you ever just lost your balance because you’ve gotten your foot caught unexpectedly?  It hasn’t happened to me often. About ten years ago I got my foot caught in a book bag strap and dislocated all my fingers in my right hand. This morning, on the way to church, I got my foot caught in between the car door and the porch and lost my balance. I didn’t fall hard, but I did do enough to twist my knee. I don’t know if it was more about being embarrassed than being hurt, but I jumped back to my feet as quickly as I could.

Life works the same way, we are occasionally knocked off balance by unexpected events in life. Those events are different for each of us, some may be facing health issues that knock us off balance, some may be facing family issues and others may be facing work or school issues. Life knocks us down and we have two decisions to make: stay down and sulk or get up and keep going.

I think about the prodigal son, when he came to the end of his money and he had to hire himself out as a pig farmer, living in the mud with pigs. He could have just stayed in the slop and decided that it was his lot in life, but he didn’t. He came to his sense and said that working for his father was better than what he was doing at that point. “I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants."” - Luke 15:18-19.

He made a decision to get up from the pig pen and go back home admitting that he had sinned. “And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'” - Luke 15:21. When we break our fellowship with God, we need to go back to the Father admitting that what we had done was sin in His eyes. And just like the father of the prodigal son, our Heavenly Father will welcome us home with open arms. “And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him.” - Luke 15:20.

Have you fallen in your walk with God recently?  Are you far from Him and don’t know how to go back?  It’s easy; come to your sense and head back to God and admit to Him that you had sinned. He’ll welcome you back without hesitation.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment