Thursday, October 24, 2019

A View

A view. As I was flying back yesterday, I sat in the only seat in my row which happened to be a window seat. I usually always book an aisle seat when I travel because of the leg room I need with my bad knees. So, I don’t usually get to look out the window while flying, but yesterday was different. As I flew the twenty minutes from one airport to the other, I watched the familiar terrain below us. I took a picture of the awesome view as I started to think about God’s creation.

Because it was such a short flight, I think we only climbed to about 9000 feet, so you could still see the details of things below. I saw little towns, I saw farmlands and I saw larger cities. In between were the woods and rivers created by God. “And God said, ‘Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.’ And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.bAnd there was evening and there was morning, the third day.” - Genesis 1:11-13.

I couldn’t help but think of God’s creation as I looked down on it in amazement at how beautiful it was. I can’t imagine how anyone could believe that all of creation appeared by happenstance. There is so much design in creation that it points to a Creator. “For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.” - Romans 1:20.

Sometimes we need to stop and look at the creation that was made by God, knowing that what we see now is not what was originally made. We now live in a world under a curse that affects the real beauty of God’s creation. “For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.” - Romans 8:22.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment