Thursday, October 17, 2019

So Good to Me

So good to me. In the midst of our everyday life, the complaining about various things like politics, the weather, our jobs and whatever else bothers us, do we ever stop and realize how good God has been to us?  I don’t mean in a material way like money or possessions; I mean in a spiritual way. Have you stopped and thought where your eternity would lie if God wasn’t so good to us in sending His Son?  Sometimes it just overwhelms me when I think about the fact that before time began, He thought about me and made a way for me to have a personal relationship with Him through Jesus Christ.

God has been so good to me even though I don’t deserve it. His blessing doesn’t have anything to do with what I have and has everything to do with where I am going. In all honesty, I’ve never gone hungry, I’ve never been homeless and I’ve never been without the things I need to survive; God has provided for all my needs. He is the Bread of Life, He is the Shelter in a time of storms and He’s the Living Water. He meets all our spiritual needs.

“But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.” - Psalm 73:28.

“The LORD is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.” - Psalm 145:9.

“And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.’” - Luke 18:19.

Have you paused recently to think about how good God has been to you?  The fact that He loves you so much He sent His Son to pay for your sins. He loves you and wants what is good for you, more than you want what is good for yourself. Take time to praise Him for being so good to you.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment