Saturday, October 19, 2019

Late

Late. I hate being late to anything. I hate being late to work, I hate being late to events, I hate being late to church, I just hate that feeling of being behind schedule. I woke up a lot later than I normally do this morning and it just made me feel like I was behind schedule even though there were really no plans to be late for. I think I get it from my father, he always had to be somewhere thirty minutes before it was time. Being late doesn’t bother some people at all, but it makes me edgy. Are you and early person or does the clock not matter to you?

God is never late!  Have you ever thought about that?  We seem to always want God to show up on our timing and not His own. We think that things have to be done according to our schedule not realizing that our schedule may be the wrong timing - ask Mary and Martha. The story of Lazarus’ death reminds us that God’s timing is always right on time. Jesus could have shown up while Lazarus was sick and healed him, but He had something better that needed to be done. So when He shows up four days after Lazarus had already been in the grave, He was met with some questions.

“Jesus said, ‘Take away the stone.’ Martha, the sister of the dead man, said to him, ‘Lord, by this time there will be an odor, for he has been dead four days.’ Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?’ So they took away the stone. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, ‘Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me.’ When he had said these things, he cried out with a loud voice, ‘Lazarus, come out.’” - John 11:39-43.

Are you waiting on God to show up in your life to deal with an issue you have?  Do you feel like he has left you alone to deal with this on your own?  Don’t give up, God always shows up right on time, even when we think He is too late. God has something He wants to reveal to not only you, but maybe to others as well, so that He May be glorified.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment