Monday, October 21, 2019

Bad Decisions

Bad decisions. I have to admit, I’ve made my share of bad decisions in my life, both before I became a Christian and after. I think we can all admit to making bad decisions in our lives at some point in time. Some of us may have made more than our fair share, but does making bad decisions make us a bad person?  It’s amazing how many good decisions you can make that no one pays any attention to, but make one bad decision and that’s all you are remembered for. Why do bad decisions seem to stick in people’s minds but our good one’s don’t?

There are plenty of Biblical stories of “good” people making bad decisions that tends to be something they are remembered for. I think of King David and all the good that he had done for Israel when he became king and then he makes that bad decision involving Bathsheba. Because of that the child dies. Or what about Moses, he does all those great things to lead Israel out of bondage and then hits the rock twice for water when he had been instructed only to hit it once. Because of that he’s not allowed to enter into the Promised Land.

I think of the Apostle Peter as well. After all he had done and seen with Jesus, he tells Him he would never deny Him. But, when the time came in the courtyard of Jesus’ trial, he is accused of being one of Christ’s disciples and he denies it, not once but three times. A bad decision made by a good person. It could have been the end of his story right there, but Christ restores him back to good standing.

“When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." He said to him, "Feed my lambs." He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." He said to him, "Tend my sheep." He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep.”- John 21:15-17.

Have you made bad decisions in your life?  Have you felt like you let your Savior down like Peter did?  Christ will restore you back to good standing with the Father, all you need to do is confess your sins and ask for forgiveness. He will restore you so that you can continue to do good works to glorify His name.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment