Thursday, March 28, 2019

Old Friends

Old friends. It’s always great to catch up with old friends when we get the chance. I got the chance earlier this week when I got to go to lunch with a former colleague. I get that chance when I travel back to my hometown once a year. It’s always great when we can just sit down and reminisce about the days we used to spend together.

I also think about those that are no longer with us. Either because of old age or sickness, they have passed away and we can no longer spend time with them. I think about my dad often this time of year because it’s opening day of baseball season. He loved baseball and he loved his Orioles. I miss talking baseball with him.

But the Bible talks about a time when we will once again get to be with those we loved and that have passed on. Those that have passed away and accepted Christ as their Savior will be awaiting us that have done the same. We will have the rest of eternity to spend with our old friends but even better we will have all eternity to spend worshiping our Savior.

“But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.  For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.  For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.  For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.” - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17

I look forward to seeing my Christian friends and family that are now in the presence of Christ.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment