Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Wall and the Book

A wall and a book. First, let me tell you about the wall. I was driving to work yesterday morning and I flipped over to the classic country channel and heard a song by the Statler Brothers called “More Than a Name on a Wall”.  It was the first time I had ever heard it but it immediately meant a great deal to me.

The song is about a mother visiting the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington, DC with a pencil and a piece of paper to make a marking of her son’s name from the wall. She talks about how much more he was than just another name on a wall. She talked about how special he was to her and how much she missed him.

It meant something to me because I lost my father to the effects of Agent Orange from his time fighting in the Vietnam War. Although his name will never be on the wall in Washington because he didn’t die in the war, about ten years ago we did go to Washington for a ceremony for those that loss their lives because of the war later in life. It was a very touching event.

Most of us will go through life and never get our names enshrined on any type of wall or monument, and most of us are too old to win any trophies, even if they are just participation ones. But there is one place that we can still make sure our name appears and it’s the most important place of all: the Lamb’s Book of Life.

Now let me tell you about the Book. This book holds the names of all those that have put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ as their Savior. Once your name is written in this book, you will spend eternity in the presence of the Father and the Son. If you are not found in the Lamb’s Book of Life, you will be cast into hell to spend eternity in anguish and torment.

I don’t need any more trophies at my age, my best trophy is that my name is forever written in the most important place of all; the Lamb’s Book of Life. Is your name there?  If it is, I look forward to spending eternity with you. If it’s not, now is the time, today is the day of salvation. I would love to show you how to make sure your name is there.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment