Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Addicted

I’m an addict!  There, I said it. I’m addicted to my smart phone. I’m sure I’m probably not the only one out there that has this same problem. We have become a society of instant gratification and constant entertainment and I am one of those that have this addiction. My wife lovingly pointed it out to me just the other night.

I come home and instead of having a conversation with her, I’m on my phone. Instead of playing with the kids for the short time that I get to see them during the day, I’m on my phone. Yes, it’s been a long day and I just want to veg for a while, but that is no excuse for the amount of time I spend on this stupid little contraption.

It is so easy to get trapped into scrolling and scrolling through social media like Facebook not realizing how long you have been looking at it. Or maybe it’s a certain game on your phone that keeps you sucked in for long periods of time. It’s addicting and it’s a problem. It’s a problem for me and I’m sure it’s a problem for many others.

The Apostle Paul told the believers at Colossae to “make good use of the time”. There are better ways we can make good use of the time than being on our phones. Our marriages depend on it. Our children depend on it. It’s time to work more on my relationships and spend less time on the smart phone.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment