Monday, July 29, 2019

Hello, My Name Is

Hello, my name is.......  I just started a new job at the beginning of the year and have now been there almost seven months. One of the hardest parts of starting a new job, or moving to a new place, is learning the names of so many people that you have never met before. They have the easy part of just learning one new name, your’s, while you have to learn hundreds. It takes months worth of time to remember names and even so, I find myself still not remembering everyone’s.

One thing that we will never have to worry about is God knowing our name. When we get to stand in His presence, we will not be asked to remind Him of what our name is. For one, He’s omniscient and knows all things, but more than that, He knows us. Each and every one of us He knows by name. He’s known us since the foundation of the world. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you...."  - Jeremiah 1:5.  “Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.” - Ephesians 1:4.

God knows us so well, even better than we know ourselves, that there will be no need to tell Him, “hello, my name is.....”. When we see Him, He will call us by name because He knows every hair on our heads. “But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.” - Matthew 10:30. Doesn’t that give you an overwhelmingly comforting feeling that you are not unknown?  In this big world we live in with billions of people, God knows you so intimately that He not only knows your name, but knows the exact number of hairs on your head. That’s a loving and personal God.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment