Sunday, July 28, 2019

Buffet

Buffet. There are few things in life better than an all-you-can-eat buffet. After church this morning, we took the family to a pizza buffet by our house because our daughter loves spaghetti and our son loves pizza. What better treat than being able to pick what style you want and how much of it you are willing to endure. It allows the possibility of a great feast for those that are hungry enough. Our crew probably didn’t get our money’s worth at the buffet, but that’s okay, they enjoyed the treat.

The past few months I have been teaching on what Heaven will be like when we get there and last week we focused on if we will eat and drink in Heaven and what the Bible tells us about it. The Scriptures are pretty clear that eating and drinking will not be in the spiritual sense, but we will actually physically eat and drink for all of eternity. “On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of rich food, a feast of well-aged wine, of rich food full of marrow, of aged wine well refined.” - Isaiah 25:6.

Not only was the idea of a future feast an Old Testament promise, Christ also spoke of it to His followers, “I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.” - Matthew 8:11. “You are those who have stayed with me in my trials, and I assign to you, as my Father assigned to me, a kingdom, that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” - Luke 22:28-30. If Christ promises that His followers will eat and drink at His table in the future Kingdom, why would we believe that eating and drinking will only be in a spiritual sense?

I look forward to eternity, when we can eat and drink of the feast God has prepared for us. Food like we have never tasted before, unaffected by the curse currently on the earth. We can eat and drink and be filled with the bounty of God. I look forward to sitting at the table with you who are believers in Christ.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment