Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Fans

Fans. Last night I got to take some time and go to a Major League Baseball game between the Milwaukee Brewers and the Cincinnati Reds. It’s been years since I’ve been to a professional game and it was all that I remembered it to be. The sounds, the smells and the fans. There were fans of all shapes and sizes there last night. There were fans young and old and almost every single one of them was wearing a jersey of their favorite team and player.

We walked through the souvenir shop looking at all the clothing and trinkets, I have to say, there was nothing cheap in that store. Yet all these fans were sporting these expensive jerseys for the game. Kids had them on along with their gloves in their hand hoping to catch a foul ball, homerun or have the ball thrown to them from their favorite player.

These fans were fanatics about their home team and its players and it got me thinking; are we as fanatic about our Savior as these people are about these baseball players?  I mean, what if we got up every day with the same fervor for Jesus Christ as all these people did for this one game played by ordinary men?  What if we went to church as excited about worshiping God as these young kids did about worshiping these ball players?

“Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.” - Matthew 10:37-39.

What would our Christian life look like if we sold out to being true disciples of Christ?  What would our Christian life look like if we followed Christ like we may follow things of this world?  I believe our lives would be turned upside down, just like the original disciples of Christ and His Church.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment