Monday, July 8, 2019

Flight Cancelled

Flight cancelled. I was all set to fly out last night to El Paso, when about 45 minutes before I had to leave my house, I got a notification that the first leg of my flight had been delayed by over two hours. Not an issue if my connection was only 40 minutes in Dallas. Due to my first flight arriving after my second flight was scheduled to take off, I had to cancel my travel plans for yesterday.

There is nothing more frustrating that having plans changed at the last minute, especially if it involves flights, hotels and rental cars. Meetings will be missed but I was able to reschedule a flight for today and as you read this I’ll be on my way to Texas. The positive thing about the delay was that I got to spend more time with my family last night.

My wife and I spoke about my plans changing as we were getting ready for bed. She mentioned that God was probably just protecting me from something during my journey last night. Whether it was during my drive to the airport or while on the plane, God had a purpose for my cancellation last night. When we look at disruptions to our plans in that frame of reference, we can be thankful instead of disgruntled.

“The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.” - Proverbs 16:9.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment