Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Too Young to Die

It’s hard to believe it’s been 12 years already since my father passed away. I remember getting the news and I was devastated. My dad was much too young to have died this early. The thing is, we never know when our time here on earth will come to an end.

My dad was always a great man in my eyes. He was a high school athlete in football, basketball and baseball. He was a military man that served his country in the Vietnam War. He received the Purple Heart and Silver Star for his injuries and valor. He was a loving husband, father and grandfather. He loved to joke and pick with the people he loved and cherished as friends.

His service to our country is what ultimately cost him his life. He contracted leukemia from his exposure to Agent Orange and fought the good fight all the way to the end. It had gotten so aggressive that they were trying experimental drugs on him to see if they could slow it down. In the end, the disease won and he passed away.

I miss my dad dearly every day and wish he was around for his advice and to just talk about life and baseball. Life is precious and we need to love our family and friends while we still have the opportunity to do so.

I pray that you share with your family and friends that death isn’t the end. We have all of eternity to spend in one of two places: heaven  or hell. Make sure your loved ones know that the only way to heaven is by accepting the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross of Calvary. God loves you so much He sent His Son to die in your place so that He could spend eternity with you in His presence. If you don’t know Christ as your Savior, contact me and I would love to share with you how you can be saved.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment