Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A Love that’s Multiplied

When I first became a father to our daughter over ten years ago, I never thought I could ever love something more than I loved that little girl. We tried for years to have another child and thought maybe I was just too old and it wasn’t in God’s plan for our lives to have more than one child. We got to the point that we sold all the baby stuff we had held onto in hopes that another one may come along soon.

I now know that God has a great sense of humor because on Father’s Day, after almost everything was sold, my wife told me she was pregnant and we were going to have another child. I couldn’t tell you how excited I was to find out we were going to have a little boy to go along with our beautiful daughter.

In all honesty, I was quite scared as well. I had never experienced that type of love that you have when you become a parent for the first time and realize through God’s grace you created another human being.  Now I was going to have to share that love with another child. It scared me that one child may receive more love than the other and that my love for both of them would now have to be divided.

When our son was born I learned a great lesson; my love for my two children was not divided, but it was multiplied. God’s love for us works the same way. As people accept Christ as their Savior, God’s love for His family is not divided but it is multiplied. What a great Truth we have about the love of God!  Don’t be afraid to share the message of Christ because in doing so, and making converts, God’s love is multiplied into the lives of the new believer.

Have a great night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment