Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Be the One

Be the one!!!  Be that one person that stands out from the rest as being a person that is thankful and grateful for all the things you have in your life. It doesn’t matter if the things or events that occur in your life are great things or if they are just small events; be thankful and grateful for them.

Luke 17 tells us a story of ten lepers that were living apart from all of society because the Law of Moses forced them to. They were in a community filled with only other people just like them, sick with not possibility of being cured. They were pretty much sentenced to a slow death among others that were slowly dying as well. But by God’s grace, Jesus passed through that area.

As you can imagine, they called out to Him, asking Jesus for His mercy on them. They knew that He was the only answer to their death penalty. He went to them and healed them of the terrible disease. As they went away so extremely happy to have their lives back and able to go back to their families and society in general, only one turned and went back to Jesus to thank Him for what He had done. Only one!

Be the one!  Be thankful for all that God has done for you and all that He has blessed you with. We have so much to be thankful for!

I’m thankful for my family: my beautiful wife and kids, my family in New York and my family in North Carolina, my friends in both places and my brothers and sister in Christ. But most of all, I’m thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ, that took the penalty of this sinner and accepted me into the family of God even though He knows me better than anyone. He still thought I was worth dying for. Thank you Jesus!!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment