Thursday, November 15, 2018

That’s My Story

“That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!” is what country artist Collin Raye sang back in the 90’s.  Many of you have been following along as I shared my story. I didn’t tell you all of my story but just enough for you to understand how God was in control of the whole thing even if I wasn’t interested in Him. It’s so much easier to see now looking back over my life.

That’s the great thing about sharing your own story; people can’t argue what you went through and what you experienced. They can argue your interpretation of the Bible, they can argue your doctrine and they can argue your theology. But they cannot (and will not by the way) argue your story of how God changed your life.  People listen to your story as was evident by how many people started following this little page since I started telling my story.

Your story creates a connection with people because they see themselves in parts of our story and they can relate. They become part of the story and they start to feel what you felt. Have you ever been scared to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with people because you felt you didn’t know enough about the Bible?  Share your story!  People don’t want to be preached to, they want to know how it will change their lives.

What’s your story?  Have you ever just sat down and thought through how God changed your life?  How He was there when you needed Him most that people would see how God worked in your life. Our story should never focus on our triumphs but should focus on God’s glory. We use our story to point others to His story. This life isn’t about our story it’s about His and it’s a pretty simple story.

Man was separated from God because of our sin. God wanted to restore that relationship but needed someone to pay for our sins. Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary and lived a sinless life. He was crucified, died and rose again as payment for our sins to satisfy the wrath of God. If we put our faith in Christ that he is the Son of God and He took our place on the Cross, we can be saved from our sins. It’s that simple. No rules, no works, just faith and the grace of God.

Message me if you want to know more. If you think my story would bless your church, or your Sunday School class, or your group, I would love to come speak for you; just message me.

Have a great rest of your day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment