Monday, November 5, 2018

The Pleasures of Egypt

After more than 400 years of living in Egypt, the nation of Israel saw the miraculous power of God as He sent the ten plagues and then parted the Red Sea to save them from Pharaoh and the Egyptian army. Not long after, they lost their faith in the power of God as they wandered in the wilderness and times had gotten tough. They longed to go back to the pleasures of Egypt even though they were once in bondage there, but God had a better place ahead for them.

I completely understand their desire to go back to the familiar even though God has better plans for us up ahead. I didn’t come to know Christ as my Savior until I was in my 30’s and that time after becoming a Christian was hard. Just like Israel, I had spent so much of my life in “Egypt” it was hard to let go and I made some big mistakes early in my Christian life, but God had a better plan up ahead for me.

There’s a difference in knowing Jesus Christ as our Savior and knowing Him as our Lord. It was many years after accepting Christ as my Savior that I made Him my Lord also and the difference was outstanding. Not only did I trust him with my soul, now I trust him with my life, this life I’m living between the Trees.

Maybe you’re in the same position I was, you accepted Christ’s saving power but haven’t turned your life over to His lordship. Maybe you’re wondering why this Christian life seems so hard and why you keep being drawn back to Egypt. Turn your life over to Him as Lord and see the difference it will make.
Have a great night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment