Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Yesterday

Yesterday. Yesterday I posted about tomorrow and today I’m posting about yesterday, are you confused yet?  The Beatles had a big hit called “Yesterday” and a movie by the same name was even made recently. Yesterday can be a two-edged sword; the memories of yesterday can haunt us, but the lessons from yesterday can guide us. Our yesterdays make up who we are today. However, we cannot spend too much time in yesterday or else it could have an adverse effect on our today.

Some of you might be a lot like me having some things in our yesterday that we are not very proud of. You may be struggling with the loss of a loved one that keeps you in yesterday and makes today feel insurmountable, and tomorrow something you can’t even face. There is nothing we can really do about yesterday; it’s gone and can’t be recovered. But we can take the lessons of yesterday and apply them to what we are going through today.

I’m reminded of what the Apostle Paul told the believers in Philippi, “Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 3:13-14. If anyone had a past they would like to forget, it was Paul, the approver of the death of Stephen.

Brothers and sisters, is there something in your yesterday that is holding you back?  Something you believe God can never forgive you for?  Don’t believe the lies of Satan, God is able and willing to forgive you of any sins from yesterday, all you have to do is ask. Forget what is behind you and strive on towards the goal that is set before you.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment