Sunday, September 1, 2019

Faith

Faith. We had an awesome sermon today at church about walking on water. Pastor Phillip spoke on Peter being the only disciple that had the faith to step out of the boat and walk on the water to meet Christ amidst the storm. I’ve been thinking all afternoon about the faith that Peter showed to take that first step. Even though the storm raged all around them and the Savior was doing something they had never seen Him do before, Peter still left the security of the boat and followed Jesus’ command to “Come!”

It made me question my own faith and if Christ called out to me to “come”, would I go or would I be like the other eleven and stay in the security of the boat?  What if Christ called me to go somewhere else in the world to share His message of salvation, would I leave the comfort of my current life and go?  I guess the true answer would only come when He calls. We can say we would, but we don’t really know until that call actually comes.

Peter showed no hesitation in getting out of the boat. We don’t know how far away Christ was from the boat, but it really didn’t matter, Peter showed faith in the command of Christ and in the person of Christ. It didn’t matter that no one else was going with him or that the storm was swirling all around him, he knew who called. I pray that I have that same faith if Christ calls.

“And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus.
But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."”- Matthew 14:28-33.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment