Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Hatred

Hatred. That’s the word I think of this day each year as we remember the events of 9/11 that occurred on American soil. Hatred that a small group of people had in their hearts for a nation and group of people that they were willing to forcefully take control of four airplanes full of unsuspecting passengers and attack our country. The events that took place in New York City, Washington DC and a field in Pennsylvania, will never leave my memory for the rest of my life. I remember watching the events unfold in my classroom like it was yesterday and calling friends and family back home in NY to check on their safety.

To be completely honest, I had hatred in my heart that day as the news unfolded on who the alleged attackers were, where they came from and what their religious beliefs were. At the point in my life, I was not a Christian. I had no real care in the world about anything surrounding the religious beliefs of anyone. I didn’t believe in a God, but I did know that what was done that day was not right, no matter what you believe.

Since that day in history, I have given my life to Christ and see this world and the events that take place with a complete different world view. I see the world through the eyes of God’s Holy Word. The hatred I had that day has changed, not that I don’t hate what happened, but I don’t hate those that are lost. “You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” - Matthew 5:43-45.

“For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God." - John 3:20-21.

Have a great day and God bless as we remember those that lost their lives on this somber day.

No comments:

Post a Comment