Monday, September 30, 2019

Library Books

Library books. My family made a trip to the local library this morning to pick out some new books. When I got home from work this evening, my little guy had to show me his eight new library books. Almost all of them centered around “Fall” and the sights and sounds and smells that surround it. After dinner was over, we climbed into the recliner and read all eight of them. It was so awesome just to sit there and have him holding onto my arm listening to me read to him. It’s those little things that make my day.

I heard on the radio this morning that recent studies show that we spend a total of thirty-seven minutes a day in what we would consider quality time with our family. THIRTY-SEVEN MINUTES!!!!  It didn’t say what actually constituted “quality time”, but I would assume that it would be time in meaningful activities that don’t involve technology of any sort. I have to admit, and I bet we all can to some extent, that I have been guilty of this myself.

If we only spend thirty-seven minutes of quality time with our family, how much quality time do we spend with our Heavenly Father throughout the day? I have to admit, once again, it’s not as much as it should be. God wants us to communicate with Him through everything we do. He wants to be the center of all that we do. He wants us to talk to Him not only as His friend, but as our Father. “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.” - Romans 12:12.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” - Philippians 4:6. God longs for you to come to Him with your prayers. Even though He knows all things about you, He still wants you to seek Him in all things. How is you quality time with your family?  Better yet, how is your quality time with God?

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment