Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Wrong Place. Wrong Time

Wrong place. Wrong time. Twice!  The last two times I have been in the Charlotte airport, I have sat at the same gate waiting for my flight. Both times it has not been the gate my flight was going out of, just an empty gate with all the seats open. So both times I sat and did some work and sent emails while I waited to go to the gate my flight was leaving from. For the second straight time, at the same exact gate, a service dog decided to stop right in front of that gate and relieve itself right on the floor.

Talk about sitting in the wrong place at the wrong time, how about doing it twice!  And they say lightning doesn’t strike in the same place twice, but obviously dogs do!  I do not think I will be sitting at that gate any longer waiting for my flight and doing work, but could it really happen three times?  I’m not going to test it.

It made me think of people in the Bible who happened just to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. My mind automatically went to the story of Jonah and those poor gentlemen that happened to be on the boat with him when the storm came. The storm came because Jonah was running from God and He was trying to get Jonah’s attention. Those sailors knew that the storm was a punishment from God even though they didn’t know Him personally.

“But the LORD hurled a great wind upon the sea, and there was a mighty tempest on the sea, so that the ship threatened to break up.
Then the mariners were afraid, and each cried out to his god. And they hurled the cargo that was in the ship into the sea to lighten it for them. But Jonah had gone down into the inner part of the ship and had lain down and was fast asleep.” - Jonah 1:4-5.

“Then the men were exceedingly afraid and said to him, "What is this that you have done!" For the men knew that he was fleeing from the presence of the LORD, because he had told them.” - Jonah 1:10. Who is getting caught in the repercussions of you fleeing from the will of God?  Who in your life might be suffering from being in the wrong place at the wrong time because you are not being obedient to God’s voice?

Today is the day for you to repeat the words of Jesus, “Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done." - Luke 22:42b. Give up your own will and let God’s will be done in your life. Just like the storm stopped for those on the boat when Jonah was thrown out, calm the storm for others in your life by being obedient to God.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment