Saturday, August 24, 2019

Knocking

Knocking. We had a startle at our house last night with an unexpected knock on the door after 9:00. We were sitting in the living room and the kids were getting ready for bed and all of a sudden someone knocked on the side door to the kitchen. My wife and I looked at each other, kind of confused because we don’t get many people at our house at any time of the day. I got up and answered the door a little concerned as to who it might be. When I opened the door, there was no one around.

A little confused if we actually heard a knock, I sat back down in the living room when a knock came at the door again. This time I turned on all the outside lights to see if I could see anything before opening the door. There was still nobody out there when I opened the door. Now I knew someone was messing around, but the way the world is today I wasn’t sure what their intentions were. So I got a baseball bat and a flashlight and out the door I went into the night. After a short search, I saw some neighborhood boys running through the woods. Just kids playing pranks. It brought back some of my own childhood memories.

As I thought about the events of last night, the idea of knocking has stuck with me and the words of Christ in the Book of Revelation, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” - Revelation 3:20. In the context of the book, He is writing to a church that has become lukewarm and He wants back in. But the same is true for our hearts. When the Holy Spirit speaks to us that we need to accept forgiveness for our sins, Christ is knocking on our hearts wanting us to accept Him in. Only He can forgive us of our sins. Only He can give us peace with the Father.

Is Christ knocking at the door of your heart wanting you to accept Him?  “For he says, "In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” - 2 Corinthians 6:2. Today is the day of salvation. Have you accepted Him?

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment