Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Tired

Tired. Yesterday was a long day of traveling from one side of the country to the other. It started out very early on the east coast and ended late on the west coast. After about twenty hours of being awake, I was finally able to get to bed last night, but my body had me back up early again this morning because that internal clock didn’t care that I had traveled three time zones yesterday. So, to say the least, I’m tired again this morning.

There were things I wanted to do here yesterday when I arrived, but plans changed and I just went with the flow. I figured that I would catch up on those tasks when I got back to the hotel last night, but I was exhausted when I got here and they didn’t get done. So, as I woke up early this morning, I was able to catch myself up with the items I didn’t get checked off my list yesterday. It made me think about getting things done in eternity.

I have been teaching about Heaven in our Sunday school class and one of the items that we had discussed last week was that whatever things we want to complete in Heaven that do not get done on that day, we will have lost no time to get it done. Eternity loses no time. When we go to bed one day, and wake up the next, no time has been lost. Whoever we didn’t get to talk to on one particular day, can be spoken to the next day without feeling like we ran out of time. Nothing will corrode, no one will die and we won’t feel like we missed something.

I look forward to an eternity where time and tasks are not a priority in life. The idea of not having to rush through things because time is running out will not exist. I look forward to not being tired because there is not enough time in the day to get everything done. Oh, what a glorious time that will be. “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment