Tuesday, January 22, 2019

When We Get to Heaven

What will we be like when we get to Heaven?  Some think we turn into angels and float around on clouds all day with harps. That is so un-Biblical that it’s not even worth arguing over. Angels were created beings made before man and have always existed and will continue to exist as angels for eternity, but that’s a different post for a different time.

As humans, created by God and in the image of God, we will remain to be humans when we get to heaven. We will shed this human corrupted body and receive a new incorruptible human body just like Christ had when he rose from the dead.  He had a body that could be handled, He still got hungry with His new body, but He also had new abilities that He didn’t have prior to His resurrection. He was able to show up places whenever He wanted and He was able to walk through locked doors.

In the Apostle John’s first letter, he wrote “Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.”  I look forward to being like Him, do you?  I look forward to having a body without the aches and pains of getting old. I look forward to having a body that doesn’t know sickness or death anymore.  And I know people that are blind, deaf or handicapped that look forward to having a totally restored body.

I’ve heard many commentators say that we will all be around the age of thirty-three in heaven because that was about the age of Christ when He died and rose from the dead. I’m not sure how true that is and it really doesn’t matter to me, I just want to be wherever He is for all of eternity.

I think the best thing about heaven, other that being with my Savior and my Heavenly Father, is being able to spend eternity with friends and family that know Christ as their Savior and being able to spend time speaking with the great men and women of the Bible. I can’t wait to sit and talk with the Apostle Paul, I have hundreds of questions for him. Who do you look forward to spending eternity with?

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment