Monday, December 10, 2018

White Out Conditions

It was snowing so hard yesterday that I could not see the road in front of my house nor the road behind my house and both of them are not more than 100 yards away. It was a “white out” at times during the day.  I went out early to shovel off the side porch and brush off the cars but the effort was futile. We probably got another six to eight inches after that.

The snow does make everything look so clean and pure in comparison to what it looked like the day before. On Saturday everything out there was dead and brown and just looked dirty like fall usually looks, but when I woke up Sunday morning everything looked clean and new. I started to think about what the Bible says in Isaiah 1, “though your sins be like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow”.

The sin in our lives makes us like the deadness of fall, but the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from our sins and makes us as white as snow and alive again. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).  We have that access to God because of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I am thankful that the “white out” I experienced today brought me back to God’s Word so that I could praise Him in this storm and thank Him for what He has done for a sinner like me. That because of Christ, He has “whited out” my sins and erased them from all record and declared me to be righteous. It was nothing I have done but all what Christ has done in my place. Have your sins been “whited out”?

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment