Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Past, Present and Future

Past, present and future. No, I’m not talking about verb tenses for all my English teacher friends out there. I’m talking about life like I always do. It is something that every single one of us has in common with one another. We all have a past; good or bad or even both. We are all currently in the present. And we all have a future.

A few weeks ago I shared with you “my story” and how I came to know Christ as my personal Savior.  When I share my story at churches, I always bring it back to Scripture and how my story (and your story) relates to the Bible. This is what makes the Word of God real in people’s lives. The Scripture I use is my favorite part of the Bible: Ephesians 2:1-10.

The first seven verses of Ephesians 2 gives us a Biblical look at who we were, who we are and who we will be.

Verses 1 through the first half of verse 5 tells us who we once were. The Apostle Paul uses phrases like: dead in our trespasses and sins, sons of disobedience, following the passions of our flesh, following the desires of our body and mind, and children of wrath.  We all have those things in common no matter how we grew up. God still sees most of the people in the world this way unless they have accepted His Son.

The second half of verse 5 through verse 6 God tells us of our present standing if we have been saved. We are made alive in Christ and are no longer dead, He has raised us up and He has seated us in heavenly places. All of these things are done by Him and are not of works that we can do.  Thank God He is in control.

Verse 7 gives us a hint of our future. He has saved us so that in the coming ages He is going to show His children immeasurable riches of His grace and kindness toward us because of what Christ Jesus has done in our place. Oh happy day!  If that doesn’t make the hair on your arms stand up you better check and see if you have a pulse. Or maybe you better check your spiritual standing with God.

I don’t know if there are many better passages in Scripture for the Christian, but if you have one, I would love for you to share it in the comments section below and tell me why it means so much to you.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment