Saturday, December 29, 2018

Be Positive

Be positive!  If you can be anything in this world, choose to be nice. I’ve seen that meme on Facebook quite often. I would say, be nice, but also be positive. There is so much negativity in this world it is hard sometimes to be positive. Admittedly, I get caught up in the negative things of this world and it’s hard to always be positive, but as Christians, we have so much to be positive about.

I mentioned in my video yesterday that I gave up Facebook for a while because of all the negative things I was getting caught up in and decided to come back to make a positive page that I could share everyday. But I made three promises to myself that I would stick to when I came back. First, I wouldn’t share any posts that were political or would cause division. Second, I would no longer comment on any of the negative posts and if someone wanted to argue I would not respond. Last, I would start Between Two Trees so that I could share Biblical truths and positive words on a daily basis.

Some people might wonder, “Isn’t sharing your faith a possible cause for division?”  Yes, but it’s different because it’s not based upon my opinion, it’s based upon the Truth of God’s Word. That makes it automatically divisive right there. The difference is that it’s God’s Truth verses Satan’s lies, it’s light verses darkness and it’s the holy verses the unholy.

The author of the Book of Hebrews wrote, “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” - Hebrews 4:12.
I share the Word of God because it pierces the heart and soul of those that hear it. People aren’t going to hear the Truth unless somebody shares His Truth.

Be positive in this negative world. Be a light in the darkness of this world. And be Holy in this world that celebrates the unholy.  Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not to divide, but to reconcile.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment