Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Seasons

I have to admit that winter is not my favorite season. I highly dislike the cold weather and the snow that it brings. It is one of the main reasons I looked to leave New York and relocate in the south. Even though our winter season is much shorter and milder than it is in the north, it still brings back bad memories of all the snow shoveling I had to do as a kid.

If I had to choose, I would say that autumn is my favorite season followed by summer and spring. I like the warm days and cool mornings/evenings. I like the smell in the air, the colors of the trees and the memories of soccer seasons gone by. It may be one of the oddest things you hear all day, but I love the smell of burning leaves!  Crazy right?

Even though I dislike the winter season, I have a great appreciation for it because I know that it was instituted by God. There is a reason for the four seasons most of the world goes through. It is a reminder of the cycle of life: birth, maturity and death. The book of Ecclesiastes tells us that there is a time for all things.

1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;  - Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

Life brings us through all seasons and so does our lives as Christians. There are times when we feel reborn with a new zest for life and the things of God. But there are also times when we feel spiritual dead, times when God feels distant and our Christian lives feel like they are in a rut. Be encouraged that it is just a season. It’s not the end and just like the four seasons that we experience, there is a time when your current season will come to an end and a new season will begin.

Have a great day and God bless you in whatever season you are in currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment