Thursday, June 27, 2019

Room Service

Room service. I’m not one to really take advantage of room service when I travel because I’m more inclined to just go and get something to eat and not want to bother someone to have to wait on me in my room. However, on my recent stay, there weren’t any restaurants around the hotel and the hotel restaurant was under construction. Even though it was under construction, they did offer room service.

So, for I think for the first time, I took advantage of room service for my evening meals. I called down my order and within twenty minutes or so I had my food right in my room. It was pretty cool to just be sitting there and have someone bring you your food. It was a great service and one I could take advantage of going forward, but I probably won’t.

It got me thinking about serving and being served. It’s nice to be waited on sometimes and have certain services provided to you when it is outside the norm. It is also important that we act as servants too and provide to others what they possibly cannot provide for themselves. Our nature tends to lean toward wanting to be served and against wanting to serve others.

Even Christ touched on this subject when speaking to His own disciples, “It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." - Matthew 20:26-28.

So, as my time traveling comes to a close and I enjoyed the room service on this trip, I find myself wanting to serve more than be served. It’s a battle of my spirit to move away from the tendency to want to be served towards the will to want to serve others. I’m sure I’m not the only one battling these feelings.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment