Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Lawn Mowers

Lawn mowers. Lawn equipment and I don’t play well together. It seems that both lawn mowers and weed eaters like to mess with me no matter how well I try to maintain them. Well, the lawn mower monster showed up again yesterday and bit me. There is nothing worse than being in the middle of mowing and have the lawn mower break down and you have to leave the rest of the yard looking like a jungle. I have about a quarter of a well groomed lawn.

I was riding the mower yesterday and all of a sudden it started running a bit rough and then it just cut off completely like it had run out of gas. I knew I had a full tank when I started so that couldn’t be what the issue was. When I lifted up the hood of the mower, a small fuse connected to the carburetor was smoking. I knew that couldn’t be good. I went to the hardware store to see what their thoughts were on what had happened. They sold me a small part and said that should fix it. Well, not being mechanical at all, I did more damage to it than I had started with.

I got upset with the fact that I didn’t get the yard done. Then a got more upset that the lawn mower was broken and then it just rolled into being disappointed in general. I came in the house and my wife knew it was bothering me even though there really wasn’t much I could do about it at that point. I felt bad that I had let my situation dictate my attitude for the rest of the evening.

I have so much to be thankful for: no one was hurt, the lawn mower can be fixed and I have awesome friends that have offered to let me borrow their mowers so I can finish my yard. The Bible says, “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” - Philippians 4:8.

So through all of this I will think of the good things that God has blessed me with and I will praise Him for it.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment