Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Marriage

Marriage. Today marks fifteen years since I was blessed to marry my best friend and my better half. Honestly, she’s probably the better three-quarters of our marriage. She is such a Godly woman and great example for our kids. She shows our daughter how a Godly wife and mother should act and she shows our son a wonderful example of the type of woman he should look for in a future bride. I am blessed to have such a wife.

Marriage isn’t always easy, but besides my salvation, it’s the best things that has ever happened to me. It has changed me for the better (I hope she thinks so too). Marriage takes a lot of work to be successful from both of us and many times I fail to hold up my end of the covenant. The patience of my wife has grown stronger over the past fifteen years due to my testing it so many times.

“The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.” - Proverbs 31:11-12.

“She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.  She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.” - Proverbs 31:26-27.

“Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all."  - Proverbs 31:28-29.

Thank you for loving me all these years. I couldn’t, and don’t, want to do this life without you. Love you more than anything.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment