Saturday, May 25, 2019

Music and Dance

Music and dance. Two things my daughter loves is dancing and playing the piano. We got to watch her perform last night at her piano recital and tonight we get to watch her at her dance recital.  I couldn’t be happier that she follows her heart and does what she loves to do even though most of her friends play sports.

Her love of dancing and music reminds me of David in the Bible. He was musically inclined and even soothed the soul of King Saul by playing for him on his harp. “And David and all the house of Israel were celebrating before the LORD, with songs and lyres and harps and tambourines and castanets and cymbals.” - 2 Samuel 6:5. Almost all of the psalms are written by David and most believe they were sung to music. “I will give to the LORD the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the LORD, the Most High.” - Psalm 7:17.

David loves to dance as well. “And David danced before the LORD with all his might.” - 2 Samuel 6:14. Whenever I think of David dancing I think of the scene from Footloose when they stood before the town council trying to get them to approve letting them have a dance in their town. They used Biblical Scriptures to show that singing and dancing were ways of showing praises unto the Lord.

I pray that Christina continues to pursue both her music and her dancing and that she uses both of them to glorify and praise the Lord as she grows closer to Him. “Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.” - Jeremiah 31:13.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment