Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Adjustments

Adjustments. I have to say that I have never once been to a chiropractor. I know some people that swear by them, but I have never really had any back problems that made me go. I have this strange feeling that if you go once, you’re stuck having to go the rest of your life. I would love to hear your comments about going to a chiropractor.

I have heard that when you do go to the chiropractor, that it can be very painful until they are done adjusting you. They will push and pull on all the spots that are hurting to work out the soreness and make you feel like you are back to being your normal self. Again, I have never been to the chiropractor so I’m just repeating what I have heard.

God does the same things to us sometimes that a chiropractor does in adjusting our backs. God will take the sore spots in our lives and push and pull at them and it will hurt at the beginning. He shines a light into our lives exposing the dark spots He wants to work on and it’s painful. He will push and prod at those “knots” in our lives until He works them out and gets us back into His will. It will be uncomfortable at the beginning but when He is done, our lives seem to be back in correct working order.

The idea of God being like a chiropractor reminds me of the verses in Jeremiah, "’Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear my words.’  So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel.  And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do.” - Jeremiah 18:2-4.

If something seems amiss in our lives to God, He will use his caring hands to remold us into something more beautiful. Just like the chiropractor use their hands to massage out the bad areas of our bodies, so too does the Master Potter use His hands to work out the areas in our lives He wants to fix. We need to be willing to allow God to work on those sore spots so that He can restore us back to where He wants us.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment