Saturday, May 11, 2019

Blame

Blame. “You ruined it!”  Have you ever said those words to someone?  Has someone ever said those words to you?  Maybe a parent, or a teacher, a coach, or a boss. Maybe you even said that to your own children or maybe even your spouse. We think things are ruined because they are not going according to our plans. We feel things are ruined because of the amount of time that we have put into something that now seems to be turned upside down.

I think about all the times in the Bible that God could have looked down on His creation and could have said, “You ruined it!”  He could have easily said those words to Adam and Eve, He could have said it to the nation of Israel and He definitely could have said it to those that persecuted and killed Jesus Christ. But in all those ways that mankind could have ruined the plans of God, He never once said that.

We can’t ruin the plans of God. We will never read or hear the words, “you ruined it”, from the lips of God. He knows all things and nothing catches Him by surprise. He knew that Adam and Eve would fall, He knew the nation of Israel would be unfaithful and He knew that Christ can to die for the sins of the world. He knows all things and is not restricted by our concept of time.

He knows all about us too. He knows that we struggle and make mistakes. He knows that the plans we have for ourselves may be ruined. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.” - Jeremiah 29:11-14.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment