Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Relationships

Relationships. Some relationships we decide to get into and some relationships we have no choice in the matter. I chose to be in a relationship with my wife but my children have no choice but to be in a relationship with me. I had no choice in having a relationship with my parents and sister. My children have no option but to be in a relationship with each other, they’re brother and sister and they always will be.

I will always be my children’s father and there is nothing they can do to change that. I will always be my parent’s son and there is nothing I can do to change that. My blood and my DNA will always be connected with my parents and now my children. It is undeniable that they are mine and I am theirs.

The same thing happens when we become Christians, we become a child of God and have a new relationship with Him. When we choose to accept Christ as our Savior, we become joint heirs with Christ to all that belongs to the Father. “The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” - Romans 8:16-17.

Nothing can separate us any longer with that relationship we have with the Father through Christ. “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?” - Romans 8:35. “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” - Romans 8:37-39.

Or relationship to God is secure, but our fellowship with Him can be broken by our actions. We will talk more about fellowship in tomorrow’s post.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment