Monday, April 22, 2019

Ashamed

Ashamed. I’ve done many things in my life that I look back on now that I’m ashamed of. Some of you who know me may understand what I’m talking about and those of you who don’t, you’ll just have to trust me. Maybe you may have a past that you’re ashamed of too. It’s okay, our past is our past and does not reflect our future. If we have accepted Christ, our past sins are separated from us as far as the east is from the west.

There is one thing that I will never be ashamed of and that is accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior. I’m not ashamed of my belief in God or in the truth of His Word. I am not ashamed of how my life has changed since He found me. I have nothing to be ashamed of in any of those things I just listed because I know that my future is in His hands.

The Apostle Paul said the same thing, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.” - Romans 1:16. The Good News of Jesus’ sacrificial death at Calvary is nothing to be ashamed of. His death is what brings salvation to those who believe.

Paul told Timothy not to be ashamed of the Gospel either, “Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began” - 2 Timothy 1:8-9.

And Paul’s final plea to Timothy should be how we feel as well, “But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me.” - 2 Timothy 1:12.

Maybe you have done something in your life that you are ashamed of, trust that Christ has forgiven you of your past sins and cleansed you from all unrighteousness. Never be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ; wear it as a badge of honor.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment