Saturday, March 14, 2020

Y’all Need Jesus

Y’all Need Jesus. My wife asked me to run out to the local grocery store today to get two containers of icing for a desert she was making for tomorrow. I got to the store and grabbed the two containers and headed to the check out line to pay for them. Once I was done, I made my way to the door just as two employees were coming in with loads of grocery carts. I waited for them to come in before going through the door.

One of the two ladies mentioned the t-shirt I had on that read “Y’all Ned Jesus” and said “amen”.  She also mentioned she would be front and center at church tomorrow praying for everyone’s health. I agreed with her and wished her a good rest of her day and finally headed out the door.

As I walked out the door and started through the parking lot, a young lady was coming into the store dressed in a long robe-like dress and a hijab. I knew right away what her religious beliefs might be and how they were very different from mine. As I walked towards her it was obvious that she easily read my t-shirt and the message on it.

As we approached each other, I smiled at her and said “good afternoon, how are you?”  She smiled back at me and said “good afternoon, I’m fine, thanks for asking.”  We both smiled at each other once again and continued past each other in our opposite directions. No confrontation, no dirty looks, no avoidance of one another. Just two people, with two different religious belief systems, who were able to be civilized and pleasant to one another because there was no other reason not to be.

“Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.” - 1 Peter 2:12.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment