Friday, February 28, 2020

Children

Children. Over the past month I have spent a large amount of time traveling through airports from the east coast to the west coast. There have been long layovers, cancelled flights and multiple delays. As I have sat in the various terminals this month, I have been afforded a big chunk of time to people watch. Let me tell you, there are some strange ones out there, but that’s for a different post some time in the future.

Children always catch my attention. Infants, toddlers, small ones and soon to be teenagers. I like watching how their parents interact with them at the various ages. To see those infants flying for the first time, maybe going to be their grandparents on the other side of the country. They are either in their strollers or strapped tightly to their mother’s body so that her hands are free.

Watching the toddlers roam around the airport makes me smile. Some parents give their children quite a bit of leeway, while others keep them close by with a highly watchful eye on what’s going on around them. One thing is true for children no matter what their age may be, their parents think that they are the best thing on earth, and rightfully so.

Every parent has a bias that their child is the prettiest, most handsome, smartest, most talented, and so on and so on. There is nothing wrong with that, as parents we are proud of our children. We brag on their achievements. We brag on their good looks (usually coming from the mother’s side). We show all the pictures we have of them on our phones. It’s what we do as parents.

God feels the same way about His children. He looks down at us and feels a sense of pride that we belong to Him. He is most proud of His children when we do things that glorify Him. If He had a cell phone, He’d be showing off your picture around His throne.

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations."  - Jeremiah 1:5. He’s known us before our own parent’s knew us. “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” - Jeremiah 29:11. Before we were born, He had plans for us.

God loves His children. God takes pride in the things we do to bring Him the glory. Are you a child of God?  If not, there is not better time than now to become one.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment