Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Holy Water

Holy water. I heard a new song on the radio called “Holy Water” and it brought me back to my youth. Growing up and playing baseball with the same group of guys for most of my childhood, there was one mother that was a very devout Catholic. When we played on all-star teams, she would bring holy water to all the games and use it on our bats, our gloves and on people themselves. I wasn’t a religious person at that time, so it didn’t really do anything for me but get me wet. We were very successful as a team but I’m pretty sure it didn’t have anything to do with the holy water.

Whether the other guys on the team believed that the holy water helped them play better or not, I couldn’t tell you. But, knowing what I do now about the Bible, I’m know that the holy water had nothing to do with our success. The outcome of our baseball game was not a priority to God. He has no interest in who wins or loses ball games, He does have an interest in how we glorify Him.

I’m not convinced in the power of holy water, but I am convinced in the power of the Living Water!  “Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water." The woman said to him, "Sir, you have nothing to draw water with, and the well is deep. Where do you get that living water?” - John 4:10-11.

“Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water, so that I will not be thirsty or have to come here to draw water." - John 4:13-15.

Have you drank from the Living Water?  The water that will never make you thirst again?  Jesus Christ is the Living Water that we need to be drinking of, not the rotten water of this world.

Have a great day and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment